In The Voltage Effect, List draws on his own original research – as well as fascinating examples from the realms of business, government, education, and public health – to reveal specific principles that predict whether an idea can achieve high voltage and succeed at scale. For example:
- Is the early success of your idea actually a false positive?
- Is your initial audience representative of the larger population?
- Does success hinge on the "chef" (specialized talent), or the "ingredients" (the components of the idea itself)?
- Are you getting the most out of every last dollar you spend?
- Are you scaling a culture based on cooperation and high performance?
By employing the science-backed playbook List provides, we can all drive powerful change in our schools, our communities, our organizations, and in society at large. Because a better world can only be built at scale.